There are events that have already been planned across the country, which can be found at this link: http://naosh.org/english/events.html. If you are looking for ideas on how to recognize NAOSH Week in your business or community, here are some of the suggestions from NAOSH:
- Promote NAOSH Week through articles in your newsletter and social media channels. Don't forget to use the #NAOSHWeek hashtag.
- Host a public symposium on health and safety issues in your community and work with a local business, service organization, or supplier to sponsor the event.
- Invite school classes to tour your operations, highlighting basic safety features and the importance of working safely.
- Display a NAOSH Week banner/flag in a prominent location in your community.
- Launch a recognition program for safety suggestions that are put into use or enhance ongoing health and safety practices.
These are just a few suggestions, and more can be found at this link: http://naosh.org/english/events_suggestions.html.